SOLD – Gibson Custom – 1957 Les Paul Goldtop | R7 (2019) VOS
For sale is a Gibson Custom, 1957 Les Paul (R7) from 2019, in a Goldtop VOS finish (Vintage Original Stock.) See below for Gibson’s description.
The guitar is in excellent condition; some minor buckle-rash to the rear of the body, but nothing untoward.
Full specs can be found below. It plays well with a nice low action and sounds great, please check out my YouTube video to hear it in action! It comes fitted with D’Addario EXL110 10-46 gauge strings, ready to go from the genuine Gibson period correct hard case.
Any questions please ask and thanks for looking.
Viewings and tryouts welcome, please contact to discuss.
Payment via PayPal or cash on collection. I will ship anywhere within the EU.
Any questions please contact me, and thanks for looking.
Gibson "VOS (Vintage Original Spec) Finish
"Our acclaimed VOS finish is also uses genuine nitrocellulose lacquer, and it starts with several thin hand-sprayed layers to build up a hard, breathable “coat”. Rather than complete the effort with the same buffing as our High Gloss finish, however, Gibson Custom uses a unique proprietary process to give the VOS a glowing, gently-aged patina that you’d swear you can almost feel as well as see. The result is a guitar that looks and feels like an instrument from the golden era—one that has been lovingly cared for, while naturally exposed to the gentle mellowing that time brings, without actually being distressed or physically hand-aged. This is the finish that was used for many years on Gibson Custom’s Reissue models, and which now comes as a popular option our Standard Historic guitars, and some others."
Full Spec's - 2019 Gibson R7
- Mahogany body, 2-piece plain maple top, Hide Glue Fit
- Finish VOS Nitrocellulose (Vintage Patina), Antique Gold
- Mahogany neck, medium “C” profile,
- Indian dark rosewood fingerboard, 12" radius, 22 historic narrow tall frets, aged cellulose nitrate trapezoid inlays
- Joint Long Tenon, Hide Glue Fit
- 2 unpotted Custombucker Alnico III humbucking pickups
- 3-way pickup selector switch
- Volume and tone controls for bridge and neck pickups
- ABR-1 bridge with lightweight aluminum stopbar
- 24.75" scale length; 1.69" nylon nut
- Kluson single-line/single-ring tuners
- Single-action truss rod, headstock access
- Quality crafted in the USA
- Weight: 8.8 lbs
- Case Brown Lifton Reissue 5-Latch
- Accessories; Gibson Custom Switchplate Medallion, Certificate of Authenticity Booklet, Historic Reissue Hang Tags